Saturday, August 1, 2009

School's Out for Summer...

What was the most important thing you learned in the Betty Blogger summer school? Why?

I must admit that I've used a lot of the tools already. Blogging was new. Although I've followed a few blogs, I've never had my own. Something I meant to get around to, but never did. So learning how to embed videos, etc. was fun. It was the little things that make it all easier.


How successful was the “self-directed” learning model?

I really enjoyed it. I can work at my own pace and the instructions were fantastic. I really enjoyed reading them too ;)


Looking back at your reasons for participating in the Betty Blogger summer school (see your blog entry for Task #1), did the program fulfill your expectations?

Most definitely. Little do the others at work know, but I have plans for all they have learned this summer. We'll be using sitejot in the near future, Bibliocommons is on the horizon, google docs has a lot of potential, and I have a great idea on how to use blogging for a couple staff training exercises (thanks Library Lady for that idea too!)! So thank you for a great summer school. I've really enjoyed it!


If we ran this program again, would you recommend us to a friend?

Definitely! I'd encourage the rest of the staff to participate!


So I guess it's official now....



I forgot how bad he looks...

No comments:

Post a Comment